Friday 19 September 2014

Come play... With a Change of Pace

Well this summer was very eventful indeed, honestly really annoyed that I didn't keep up with blogging, especially while on my travels. I guess sometimes you can be too busy living your life to get around to documenting it.

Well since I last updated. I moved from Rusholme to Withington for two months, my tenancy ended on my shared house and uni doesn't start till next week, so I had a gap to bridge, usually I'd sofa-surf up norf but I was still working at LateRooms, and having a job can be really handy when you're low on funds. (Thank god I have the guarantee of not having council tax sting me for the next 4 years, that shit literally pained me, srsly.)

So my boyfriend and his lovely flatmates were happy to take me in for those two months, the cheapest rent I've had to pay since I lived in Newcastle (Manchester student digs rates are crazy high) and I got to hammer my accumulated holidays (since I only took 3 days off all year till July). I took a week off in the second week of July to have a breather from full-time work life and then the first week in August to travel the country. 

We thought it would be a good idea to visit Scotland then just in case we'd need a visa for our next visit. Thankfully we're still united, for now, although to be honest I'd have been happy to put back up the original border and join them in their new independence free from the Mickey Mouse bureaucracy of Westminster and the monopolisation of the country’s finances around the soon-to-be state of Londinia. But hey ho, at least we can be happy to have any hope in hell of kicking the Tories out for the next election, though with me currently living in west Suffolk I wouldn't be surprised if my vote was the only one which wasn't blue.

Enough about politics.

After our sweet getaway (pictures are on Facebook) we sessioned work for one more month before we left Mancunia for good, to move to the south, I always said I'd end up back down here, though I didn't expect it to take 10 years, but the great thing about living in Newmarket is that we've got Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds on our doorstep, but we're pretty much isolated from city-esque civilisation, the main upside being, that I no longer have any urges to spend stupid amounts of money on clothes and make up. I never realised how bad Manchester was for having adverts ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE! And fuck me did they work! 

But here I'm so content just wondering the countryside, going on bike rides and being practically naked the majority of the time, I think today was the first day it rained since we moved two weeks ago, it was not missed. 

So now I'm sat here, just about caught up, well not really, but this is starting to feel like an essay and I am missing Pokémon on Netflix which I really must get back to.


So ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment