Tuesday 30 April 2013

Come Play with Prudence


I have started this blog. My inspiration for doing so is a girl named Daul Kim.

If anyone has heard of her I can assume this would be due to her fame as a fashion model.

She had a turbulent mind and sadly succumbed to depression in November 2009, aged 20, younger than myself now.

I had been pondering the internet reading about models, then I diverged to models that were anorexic, then on to models who had died due to mental illnesses. This may read to you as a sick thing to do, but the human mind is curious, and I have been fighting with my own battles of depression for as long as I can remember, so to find people that are idolised yet identifiable; it helps me to read myself and to develop & structure my own mind.

As I mentioned, the inspiration for this blog is Daul Kim, I read about her sad and lonely life, which I think a lot more of us can identify with than we would like to admit, and as I pondered across the internet I bumped into her blog, which she wrote right here on Blogger.

It just shows little tid-bits into her mind and her life, and one particular post really tugged at my heartstrings.

All it says is that "it must be nice to be loved ..." she then follows it with a beautiful Beatles song called Julia, which I believe John Lennon had written for his mother.

If you would like to view her blog and this post then please do not hesitate to do so via the following link, although if you wish to leave any comments, please be kind and graceful.


After listening to this song it reminded me of my favourite Beatles song, which I would listen to often as a child when I was sad. It is called Dear Prudence, this song loosely emulates the basis of this Blog's theme. I hope it touches you in the way it has me.




Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?

Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies
The wind is low, the birds will sing
That you are part of everything
Dear Prudence, won't you open up your eyes?

Look around round round
Look around
Dear Prudence, like a little child
The clouds will be a daisy chain
So let me see you smile again
Dear Prudence, won't you let me see you smile?

Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?

RIP Daul, may where ever you may be, be as beautiful, inside and out, as you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment