Wednesday 1 May 2013

Come Play in Manchester.

Today was spent with a lovely young man enjoying the sights of Manchester on this most beautiful of days.

We roamed the streets armed with a frappe in hand and minds ready to create new memories.

We accidentally ended up in the town hall where we played a little game of guess the scientist. This essentially involved us guessing the name of the scientist on each plaque, being an engineer, he won.

From there I insisted that I be photographed by the water fountain in typical tourist style. I hadn't seen this city look so beautiful and therefore decided that was reason enough for it to be documented visually for all time.



After a day of fun and games it inspired me to write a song dedicated to this stunning city.

Manchester, Manchester
Raise your weary head,
Play with me

Summer sun has finally come,
Manchester.

Manchester,
Open your eyes,
Clear blue skies,
Finally

Come out to play with me today,
Manchester.

The water from the fountains
Shimmering,
Glimmering,
In the sun.

Manchester, Manchester
Fond memories,
Of days like these.

So I sing a song of love
For Manchester,

So I sing this song of love
For Manchester.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment