Saturday 5 October 2013

Come play with… Some Things I bought my boyfriend for our anniversary.

It’s that time of the year! We have been Facebook official for 365 days (aka in a relationship).

Due to this, like other holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Christmas and birthdays; we set ourselves a limit, and then go ape shit online/in stores/ in markets trying to shop for them and ending up making more purchases for you.

So far I have managed to be fairly good in terms of personal self-restraint, although I did have to buy myself this BEAUTIFUL pillow case

(Will definitely be buying more, check out this lady’s eBay account for more: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jrichgirl?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)

Homely touches aside, I ventured back on to the World Wide Web in search of an awesome present for my beloved.

So where do you go to buy special, memorable, one-off pieces? Why www.etsy.com of course!

My old flatmate has a shop on their website selling tie-dye t-shirts, bedding and just about anything else which made of 100% cotton! So while taking photographs of her latest work, she introduced me to the site.

It has changed my life, if you have not visited it yet, please do so immediately. It is fabulous.
As per usual in the time it took for me to click on the homepage I was back to shopping for myself, I decided that I need some pictures for my depressingly bare walls (see below)


Despite this I got myself back on track, realised that should I have enough funds in my account to purchase extensive pieces of artwork with even more expensive shipping costs; then I can afford to buy my boyfriend a sodding present. Back on track I go.

While still venturing through the Art section on Etsy.com, I came across the sweetest little picture I had ever had the pleasure to see:


From here I melted a little inside and decided that I must purchase something from this lady with immediate effect. 

Unfortunately, this little guy did not scream ‘anniversary’ to me, therefore the hunt was now on to find an alternative… it did not take long.


(As you can see I bought this last month, but I didn't want to post this before he got his presents because he hates surprises; and I love annoying him.)

Once I had made this purchase I decided that this would suffice in the art department. When we visited London the only places that he would refuse to visit were the Tate art gallery, The National Portrait Gallery, and essentially anything with the word ‘Gallery’ in the title or with any premise of ‘culture’ at all. 

So even with these little guys I was definitely blowing things out of the water.

Onward and upward I decided to search the Men’s section of the site. Baring in mind that a t-shirt would be the last thing he would want to receive, especially a second-hand horror from the 80’s smelling of mothballs and selling as ‘vintage’. 

I must admit that my expectations weren't high, until I noticed the ‘Gadget Cases & Covers’ section.

He owns a Nexus 7 which he supposedly purchased to help with university although he spends more time on it watching Game of Thrones and Gangster movies which I am sure must have been downloaded legally.

Regardless of his purposes for the tablet, he cannot live without it and it will be in his backpack regardless of whether he going to uni, on holiday or if he will stay indoors, it will be constantly attached to his hand like it is magnetic or something.

So I decided to search ‘Nexus 7’ in the search bar to see what came up. What I found was awesome.

Please see the images below for the most awesome gadget case ever created.





The description given by the seller is as follows:

Simplicity at its finest

This classic style case combines craftsmanship with fine materials to bring you a one-of-a-kind case for your Nexus 7™. These handmade cases include our smooth natural Maple frame along with our own Grip-Right securing system. The IntelliStand option lets your case look, feel, and function like a standard notebook case and transform into the perfect stand for working or watching. The IntelliStand utilizes super strong rare earth magnets to snap the case perfectly into position and snap it right back when you want a standard case. Who says you can't have it all?
Portenzo BookCase for the Google Nexus 7™

Hand-sanded American Maple frames with smooth radius corners for a truly unique look.
Double-glued elastic band won't ever come undone.
IntelliStand adds the versatility of more viewing angles to your case.
Automatic sleep/wake feature included by default (no charge), no matter what options you choose.”

There were so many different choices to go for; however after long deliberation with a friend of mine who I had in fact met through my boyfriend we had decided that this was the best choice for us.

Unfortunately as these are one-off pieces I cannot include a link for this particular case; however they have many similar and very different options with different price ranges and varying functionality.

For their Etsy page, please follow the link: - http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Portenzo 

Next I bought... Clothes!

As it's our anniversary, I wanted to buy him a nice new outfit because, with most scruffy 20-odd year old students, his current wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired.

So therefore I hit the Arndale in Manchester and ventured into a shop called PULP. It is really cool, full of really funny t-shirts and, in-store, most of their stock is on some sort of promotion.

Therefore I decided that I wanted to buy him a shirt, but as they had 2 for 1 on their flannel shirts and hoodies, I thought I may as well get one of each.


Their online store does free UK delivery on orders over £50, which is just about standard these days, but I'm not complaining!

The only downside is unfortunately these pieces are £29.99 each, and the 2 for 1 offer seems to only be available in-store. 

So if you ever find yourself in Manchester then it's definitely worth checking out, otherwise you can feel free to browse their website at: http://www.thisispulp.co.uk/

I finally went and bought some jeans from Topman and some other odds and ends that are really just specific to my boyfriend and which I wouldn't really recommend for the general male populous. 

Anyway I hope maybe some of you found this interesting or informative. 

If not then I can only presume that you are procrastinating and therefore I shall bid you adieu!

Tra! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment