Saturday 22 February 2014

Come Play... With Selling Things.

It was the plan to attempt to flog (and end up donating) most of my stuff and just to keep my cool things (i.e XBOX, TV, GAMECUBE, etc) but without any assistance whatsoever this time I doubt I'll be able to muster the strength to trek all this crap down south, even with assistance from the male parental on the otherside.

So I have finally entered the world of eBaying, I'm starting by selling off the bulkiest of my belongings, and the most worthless, my books, most of which I've read several times and have only really kept them for referencing purposes and to make me look more intelligent and middle-class than I am. I am genuinely really sad to be letting some of these go, especially my hilarious 'horrible histories-esque' style books by the likes of Stephen Clarke and John Farrell, and Ayrton Senna's Biography, which I would always grab when I needed a little inspiration. And possibly one of the most important books I've ever received, 'Who Moved My Cheese' by Dr Spencer Johnson, a book which explores the importance of change and why we need to embrace it, in life and in work, in terms of self-help if you're feeling stuck in a rut with your life I recommend this book to be your new Bible, it definitely changed my perception of the world and my life.

And once again I am on the road to locating some new cheese, I just need to get rid of my baggage first, though with a 10-item limit per month on eBay I sense this shall be a long, laborious process and I'm glad to have begun this now as opposed to my standard strategy of chucking everything out last minute (I threw away a genuinely working laptop once just because I had a new one and didn't know that you could bring them in to CEX to trade, I was fuming when I found out I could have gotten £40 for it considering I was completely skint at the time, as I am all of the time).

Feel free to check out my eBay shop, here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/louise.corkin1991

So yay, here's to getting rid of baggage, and making pennies from it too! : D

Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment