Friday 16 August 2013

Come play with... That Fabulous Feeling!

It's very rare these days as a working girl that you find yourself with a day to yourself, or a day to sleep in my case. I can openly admit that my job is just about the most Mickey Mouse job in existence. I talk to people and book their holidays for them. Aside from the numerous pitfalls in our system which loses us millions of $$$ a year, the site is fairly easy to navigate and you just need to know when to let a sale go and to be tactical enough to keep their custom in the long-term.

Anyway, as you can see up until recently my life was my job which is why even now after 10 days off I still can't fully seem to switch off from it.

But after having this little break it has but my life into perspective, I took my boyfriend down to London for his 21st and we set about doing all the touristy things. We visited the London Eye, Tower London, HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge. Then we ventured north-wards and spent a day gawping at Piranhas and squealing at the Meerkats of whom graced us in the Zoo of Londinia.

Aside from this is did a few of the non-conventional touristy things, we sat down at the Camden Lock with a very good friend of mine and her boyfriend and over a 6-pack of beers, talked of all things London & Life related. I also had my first and only balloon and still wonder why these things are so popular? Along with poppers, another 'legal highs' I cannot seem to get my head around.

From there we went a little upmarket to Southbank with my oldest friend and a few friendly faces from days gone by and hastily sipped on our £1 cocktails from Browns as fast as possible as we needed to catch a train down to Exeter. The cocktails won and we missed our train, so we had to settle with the far less luxurious option of the 'MegaBus'. It got us home, albeit at 4 in the morning, but we got there.

After showing my beloved man my beloved city, he told me that he would never live there and it saddened me to think that our time together now would have an expiry date. However after our week away, he changed his mind. I love that about London, there are so many sides to it and although it may have a cold exterior to it, the people, and the places that you would never think to visit, are those which make it home. To everybody.

After arriving back in Manchester, I automatically received the 'back to work blues' with a huge dollop of lethargy due to the lack of relaxation involved in our 'holiday'. However, after doing only 2 shifts this week and having time to really assess my life (and wash about 2 months’ worth of clothes) I really feel; for the first time since before I left university. Real peace.

I suppose this is why it is compulsory to have a minimum 28 days holiday a year...


And isn't that just fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment